The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Field Service Technician opportunity, you will have:
- An associate's degree or equivalent training in military/trade school/industry or equivalent experience or completion of an electronics school or equivalent electronics training.
- 1 to 5 years of related experience.
- Proven electro-mechanical skills, including troubleshooting.
- An understanding of computer platforms, general application software and networking environments; A+ Certification is a plus.
- A military background is a huge plus.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The ability to work in a 24/7 environment, perform shift work, and do on-call rotations as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with supervisors, other team members and with customers, including clearly communicating technical information, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage your own time and inventory, and ensure that work is completed efficiently, including scheduling work to accommodate customer's needs and end user SLAs.
Pictured: Highly innovative, the imagePRESS C850/C750 color digital production presses offer end-to-end solutions and outstanding day-to-day reliability. The small footprint and environmentally conscious features make this press a superb fit for almost every operation.
The RoleReporting to the District Service Manager, you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining Canon Solutions America (Océ) production printing products in accordance with Canon Solutions America Service and Parts Standards to achieve efficiency and a high level of customer satisfaction in a 24/7 field service environment.
Based in the Detroit area, you will cover a territory that extends north to Flint, West to Ann Arbor and south to Toledo. You will take calls from dispatch and drive to the various locations, ensuring we meet the response times expected by clients -- either two or four hours. Most of your activities will involve break-fix calls, but you may also perform maintenance and support installations. The work is about 80% electro-mechanical and 20% IT/networking. It will vary, but typically you'll go to three customer sites in a day.
More specifically, you will:
- Support printing systems equipment and customers operating their business 24/7.
- Install, maintain and repair company products and systems at customer sites, including hardware, software and networking products.
- Use diagnostic tools, service aids and product schematics to troubleshoot and resolve equipment and system failures.
- Use the escalation process to inform Field Engineer, Field Service Manager, Specialist and Headquarters of unresolved issues, as well as to provide suggestions to improve equipment performance.
- Manage parts inventory and territory to comply with established operating standards.
- Perform and oversee machine factory modifications and software/operating systems upgrades on equipment to insure optimum performance.
- Establish and maintain face-to-face customer relations.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of customers' entire workflow and associated print management applications.
Video: Combining proven imagePRESS features and new print technologies, the Canon imagePRESS C10000VP/C8000VP Color Digital Press has been engineered to deliver production printing excellence for the business advantage of its users. It can help commercial printers, in-plants, production hubs, direct mail and transaction print service providers to produce a broader range of applications in shorter turnaround times.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We provide excellent training to get you up to speed and on an ongoing basis. On the job you'll gain exposure to a variety of equipment and systems in diverse client settings. We may also cross-train you to work on wide-format production systems. Canon also offers a variety of training resources, including instructor-led training and web-based courses and tutorials.
At Canon we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. You might leverage your performance in this role to pursue a higher-level Technician role within the field/digital services organization. Alternatively, you could pursue other roles within Canon, such as Regional Technician or National Technical Specialist. We also have specialized installation teams, and we're always looking for people with an aptitude for training.
Commitment to the environment and community
Canon has undertaken several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and the products we produce. In addition to our environmental stewardship, one of Canon U.S.A.'s strongest beliefs is that we have a responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the communities that we serve. For example, one of our most prominent programs, Canon4Kids, applies Canon product expertise to help locate missing children. Whether originating from corporate headquarters, our regional locations, or our subsidiaries, Canon U.S.A. connects with and supports the community in many ways.
Innovation in technology
Innovation has been a key ingredient in Canon's success throughout our history. We are one of the most prolific inventors of consumer and professional imaging solutions. Canon Inc. has continued to invest a significant portion of net sales to R&D investment each year. Our Canon R&D divisions in Japan and throughout the world are dedicated to developing custom products and solutions for customers worldwide.
Unique corporate philosophy
We embrace diversity in the workplace through the spirit of kyosei, Canon's corporate philosophy. Kyosei means "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future." We are committed to creating a diverse work environment where all employees are respected and supported to do their very best.
Canon Solutions America offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans that start on day one of employment; a 401(k) plan with immediate company match; profit sharing and success sharing bonus plans; paid holidays and generous vacation time; corporate discounts; tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide a laptop and smartphone. Service Technicians are also eligible for Star Achiever bonuses, based on performance.
Pictured: No matter what the print environment, all agree: No service call is the best service call. Canon DirectPress Technology improves image consistency while helping to reduce maintenance and increase reliability and system uptime. However, when service intervention is needed, our innovative service concept, along with highly trained Field Technicians, helps ensure the shortest turnaround time.
Keys to SuccessYour technical knowledge will be essential, but just as important will be your communication and interpersonal skills. We are focused on long-term partnerships with our customers, and you will help maintain positive relationships. As you might expect, there will be times when a customer is frustrated about an issue, so you'll need to stay level-headed and focus on solutions. You should be as comfortable talking technology with a customer's network engineer as you are presenting technical information to non-technical people.
Working independently requires a strong work ethic and a good deal of self-discipline and drive. There will be resources available by phone, but the more resourceful you are at figuring things out for yourself, the more efficient you will be. At the same time, you will be part of a team that relies on one another for support and scheduling variations (for vacations or school, for example), so you should bring a solid team spirit.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Field Service Technician, you will:
- Pay close attention to the details while also understanding the big picture
- Remain flexible to manage multiple activities and priorities effectively
- Combine both analytical skills and creativity in solving problems
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes
About UsCanon Solutions America is the company created by the integration of Canon Business Solutions, Inc. with Océ. The strength of the one brand that grows out of this integration lies in the expertise of our people and a common culture that focuses on our customers. Together, we've reimagined solutions for printing, document management and business services. Today, we're looking ahead for continued success.
By cultivating a staff of expert representatives, technicians, analysts, engineers, and an administration that is dedicated to understanding the needs of our customers, we deliver on our mission with determination, professionalism, and the utmost integrity. As a subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., one of the most respected technology brands in the world, we uphold a commitment to the environment, the community, and the world at large.
From the opening of the New York office in 1955 to the further development of imaging products today, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has continued to be a leader in professional business and consumer imaging equipment and information systems. Our products include everything from cameras and EF lenses to binoculars, camcorders, digital presses, scanners and much more. Our extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit this site: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf