The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Business Applications Analyst, Financial opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable field.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a business analyst or similar role.
- Hands-on familiarity with ERP systems, particularly financial modules such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, credit & collections and/or variable/incentive compensation.
- Strong understanding of the standard development life-cycle activities, from requirements definition through design, testing, implementation and post-production validation.
- Experience writing functional/business requirements and preparing functional designs.
- An understanding of how information moves from module to module within ERP systems and from one system to another.
- SQL skills.
- Experience in customer support and training.
- Experience with Oracle financial modules is preferred.
- Experience in the document solutions industry is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com would be helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to present, support and "sell" your ideas.
- Solid attention to detail.
- The ability to think independently.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- The ability to achieve goals independently and also contribute effectively as a team player.
Pictured: With the technology offerings of the Canon and Océ brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies in a wide variety of industries improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs through high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. Manufacturing, healthcare and education are just a few of the industries we support.
The RoleYou will join a team of Business Analysts focusing on finance, accounting and compensation. There is a second team focusing on inventory and supply chain; both teams include employees and consultants. The teams primarily support internal users, but also do some work for customers. Our ERP platform is Oracle, although we do lots of customizations, and you'll also work with a proprietary application.
You will assist with business process analysis, development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications, and provide specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. This will include working through the creation of functional requirements and test plans in support of the business process design, new system development, software implementation prototype and system testing, user training, and recommending business procedure improvements.
We have four large projects under way, and initially, you will be involved in developing incentive compensation solutions for the largest project. You'll also contribute to smaller projects. You'll focus about 70% of your efforts on the business processes/functional side and about 30% on the IT/technical requirements side.
More specifically you will:
- Act as liaison between business users and technical support in the daily support of Canon Oracle and third party applications.
- Work closely with business users to understand business process and requirements, and translate business needs into process improvement and technical enhancements.
- Create detailed IT functional designs in order to expand Canon Solutions America's acumen.
- Triage and resolve system issues.
- Create and perform functional testing of all system defects and enhancements.
- Work closely with Oracle Development resources to ensure proper communication of Canon Solutions America requirements.
- Review technical documents to ensure cross application integrity is considered.
- Ensure all documentation standards are followed for their business areas.
- Assist in the development of training materials.
- Assist with routine patch testing and upgrades; oversee the conversion of data and testing of interfaces/extensions as necessary.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
Your supervisor feels very strongly about employee development and is proactive about providing learning opportunities. In addition to hands-on training, we often invite vendors in to present on different technologies. We also allow people to learn areas that are new to them, and to build on interests and talents. Canon Solutions America also offers a variety of training resources, including instructor-led training and web-based courses and tutorials.
At Canon Solutions America we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. History bears this out; for example, the Director moved up from a programmer role. Depending on your performance and interests, you might move up into a Senior Business Analyst role, or set your sights on a manager position. You might also pursue career paths into other areas.
Commitment to the environment and community
Canon has undertaken several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and the products we produce. In addition to our environmental stewardship, one of Canon U.S.A.'s strongest beliefs is that we have a responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the communities that we serve. For example, one of our most prominent programs, Canon4Kids, applies Canon product expertise to help locate missing children. Whether originating from corporate headquarters, our regional locations, or our subsidiaries, Canon U.S.A. connects with and supports the community in many ways.
Innovation in technology
Innovation has been a key ingredient in Canon's success throughout our history. We are one of the most prolific inventors of consumer and professional imaging solutions. Canon Inc. has continued to invest a significant portion of net sales to R&D investment each year. Our Canon R&D divisions in Japan and throughout the world are dedicated to developing custom products and solutions for customers worldwide.
Unique corporate philosophy
We embrace diversity in the workplace through the spirit of kyosei, Canon's corporate philosophy. Kyosei means "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future." We are committed to creating a diverse work environment where all employees are respected and supported to do their very best.
Canon Solutions America offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans that start on day one of employment; a 401(k) plan with company match; discretionary profit sharing and success sharing; paid holidays and generous vacation time; corporate discounts; tuition reimbursement and more.
Video: The Enterprise Managed Services Division of Canon Solutions America is committed to working with clients' stakeholders to design transformative solutions that address financial, operational, and environmental goals. We help customers transform their business with complete outsourcing and managed services to improve workflow, processing, and output solutions.
Keys to SuccessThe Business Process Re-Engineering group is dedicated not only to improving efficiency, but also to making users happy. We'll look to you to bring a strong customer service approach, along with the patience and communication skills that distinguish a strong Business Analyst. Rather than telling a user, "No, that can't be done," you will say, "Let's see how we can accomplish that." At the same time, you will leverage your interpersonal skills to influence others as appropriate, such as when presenting a solution.
You will have individual responsibilities, but we also work in teams, putting a high value on knowledge sharing. Priorities can change on short notice, so you should be flexible and adaptable. Those who excel in our group have a positive attitude and suggest solutions rather than just complaining.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Business Applications Analyst, Financial, you will:
- Pay close attention to the details while also understanding the big picture on any project
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively
- Combine both analytical skills and creativity in solving problems
- Keep a constant eye out for new applications as well as ways to improve processes
About UsCanon Solutions America is the company created by the integration of Canon Business Solutions, Inc. with Océ. The strength of the one brand that grows out of this integration lies in the expertise of our people and a common culture that focuses on our customers. Together, we've reimagined solutions for printing, document management and business services. Today, we're looking ahead for continued success.
By cultivating a staff of expert representatives, technicians, analysts, engineers, and an administration that is dedicated to understanding the needs of our customers, we deliver on our mission with determination, professionalism, and the utmost integrity. As a subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., one of the most respected technology brands in the world, we uphold a commitment to the environment, the community, and the world at large.
From the opening of the New York office in 1955 to the further development of imaging products today, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has continued to be a leader in professional business and consumer imaging equipment and information systems. Our products include everything from cameras and EF lenses to binoculars, camcorders, digital presses, scanners and much more. Our extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit this site: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Video: Hear directly from customers of Canon Solutions America.